| WP1 – Universal Cost Model 2.0
- A simplified damage prediction model for switches that is useful for cost calculations
- A simplified damage prediction model for track settlement that is useful for cost calculations
- A UCM that utilises the best aspects of engineering and economic approaches to cost calculations
- A UCM where simplicity and precision are balanced; easy to use and scientifically accurate. The modelling approach places user feedback and engagement at the heart of our approach
- A new user interface, default values to use in case input is missing and better explanations on how to use the UCM
| WP2 – High-end solutions to the development of running gear innovations
- Demonstration of the use of novel materials and manufacturing methods in railway vehicle running gear including component level demonstrators with test results and a draft business case to elevate the technology readiness level and accelerate the adoption of this technology
- A generic controller for active suspension including hardware and software demonstrators with test results from virtual trials.
| WP3 – Wheel set of the future
- A technology concept and feasibility analysis for a hybrid metal/composite wheelset.
- An examination of solutions for metal-to-composite interfaces in the hybrid wheelsets and a proposal of solutions for the inspection and health monitoring of a wheelset with composite parts
- A life cycle cost analysis for the new hybrid wheelset considering opportunities for reducing maintenance costs, benefits coming from the reduction of track damage in the perspective of the UCM
- A list of materials suitable for the environmental and loading conditions of a railway wheelset and corresponding manufacturing processes
- An outline design of the axle or the wheelset, with requirements for the fibre orientation, layup and related manufacturing process, metal-to-composite connections;
- Requirements for the composite materials and mechanical characterization methods, particularly, for fatigue and impact;
- Requirements for accessibility and/or disassembly for optimum inspection of the wheelset components and their connections.